Interview with a Character! #Hot_Seat
Today, I'm excited to share with you two wonderful interviews with some amazing characters. These people (one man and one woman) have seen it all! But I'll let you decide which story you'd pick up and read!
An interview with Blake Davenport- Australian Ex-Playboy
Thank you Blake for visiting with us today. We know you have places to be, women to woo. We won't keep you long.
1. What do you like to do when you are not being actively read somewhere?
I’m a landscape photographer, so I’m often scouting for different locations or looking over my newest project. In my downtime, I love to swim, visit Noosa’s beautiful Main Beach and bushwalk through the National Park.
2. Are you happy with the genre your writer has placed you in?
Although the contemporary romance genre places me in the perfect position to meet my soul mate, I would also love to be in a great action or adventure story. I think I’d have a lot of fun being a tough adventurer or relic hunter looking for some hidden ancient treasure in the Amazon jungle.
3. What is your most prized possession?
My camera. It’s a Nikon D810 DSLR with a 24-120mm lens, perfect for all my beloved landscape shots.
4. What do you find most appealing in men/women?
I like to meet people who are happy in themselves, with who they are and with where they’re at in life. When it comes to women, I love all of them – obviously, being the renowned ex-playboy that I am – but I am most attracted to women who have a belief in themselves, who have an inner confidence that shines through. Someone who is secure in their skin, who is open and caring, and, of course, someone with a good sense of humor.
5. What do you like most about where you live?
Even though I travel a lot for work, sometimes even all across the globe, not many of those beautiful places can compare to the stunning beauty of my home town. Noosa has just the right amount of class and bohemian style with gorgeous white beaches, idyllic blue water and lush rainforest. It has a casual feel, a creative, hippy-like culture with an open-minded and accepting community, while also being luxurious, exclusive and a traveler’s paradise. But to me it’s just home.
6. What would you not like to do?
Clean. Yeah, I’m not a big fan of cleaning. Go figure.
7. Are you a morning person or a night owl?
Definitely a night owl. I like to stay up late and catch up on work. I also enjoy early mornings, especially when taking photos, but am much more focused in the evening.
8. What’s the worst/weirdest thing you did as a kid?
Well, it’s not something I did personally, but something that happened to me. When I was about seven, my mother, father and older brother, David, were out having a picnic in Noosa’s National Park. It was another hot and humid summer in Queensland, so we were all wearing flip-flops. As we were eating, sitting on the public park bench with our lunch laid out on the wooden table between us – I don’t really remember – but I must have been wiggling my toes. All of a sudden, I felt this shot of pain in my right foot. Yelling in fright to my parents, I looked down just in time to see a small goanna release my little toe and then scurry off toward the rainforest. My parents rushed me to the hospital, but after a couple of stitches my toe was fine. I guess the little guy was just hoping to have lunch, too.
You sound like a typical boy! I can't count the number of stitches on my son! Here's a peek at Blake's book blurb....
Invited by one brother, tempted by the other…
Former Australian playboy Blake Davenport knows his billionaire brother, David, is capable of anything to ensure he gets what he wants. But manipulating his young daughter’s beautiful teacher into marriage is unacceptable.
Gwen Deveraux is grateful for the invitation to spend Christmas and New Year’s with her beloved student’s family, especially when her handsome host is so eager for her company. After surviving a broken heart, she is finally ready to give love another chance.
But, who with?
The illustrious David Davenport whose real motives seem hidden behind charm? Or his roguish brother, Blake, who has tempted her heart and body from the very moment they met?
You can pre-order The Right Brother and find out for yourself who Gwen chooses!
And Now a Little Treat for the Guys- Jamie Richmond, Author and Crime Solver
Thanks Jamie for dropping by. I hope we aren't keeping you from a case. It's wonderful how many people you have helped!
1. What was your first impression of your writer? He’s a bit of a smart ass. Of course, so am I. But he thinks he knows everything. It’s always a laugh when I do something totally unexpected and take his story in a completely different direction.
2. How did you and the hero/heroine meet? Malone was the sergeant in charge of the state police troopers who were about to go on patrol. I’d managed to do a ride-along with a trooper for research for my next book. It wasn’t love at first sight, but it certainly got my attention.
3. What is your greatest strength? Greatest weakness? How have they shaped your life?
Greatest strength would be my stubbornness. Although some people might call that resilience. Once I’ve made my mind up on something, I’m determined to see it through to the end. My greatest weakness is my lack of self-confidence when it comes to dating and relationships. My stubbornness has actually ended a few romances, but I’m beginning to think those wouldn’t have worked out anyway. But Malone seems to be okay with it.
4. What first drew you to your hero/heroine? Malone’s a quiet guy with a good sense of humor. And he’s got these cobalt blue eyes that always pull me in. Sometimes I just forget about everything else when he’s around.
5. If you could be in any profession, what would you do and why? That’s a tough one. I enjoy being a writer but lately I’m the one solving a real life mystery instead of just writing fiction. Maybe I’d be part of a team of investigative reporters, digging into the facts, coming up with leads, chasing down the bad guys.
6. So, in your story, what was the most memorable moment for you? Figuring out who was behind the shooting and how to prove it was very memorable.
7. What do you do for fun? I have a small circle of friends. Whenever we get together, we always have a great time.
8. Would you like for your writer to create a sequel for you? Why or why not? Well, so far he’s done two sequels (Vanishing Act and Fleeing Beauty) and I’ve got a lot of ideas for some other adventures. He has been grumbling about doing some short stories that predate my first story, something he calls a prequel. Like I said, I’ve got the ideas. I just need him to listen.
9. What do you do for a living? I was a newspaper reporter before turning my attention to becoming an author and writing mysteries. Writing comes naturally to me.
10. What is your greatest fear? That I’ll wake up one day and discover that this new romance with Malone was nothing but a flight of fantasy.
11. What do you wear when you go to sleep? (Laughs) Well, that depends on if I’m sleeping alone or not. Winter time it’s flannel jammies. Summer time I sleep in the raw. If Malone’s around, I tend to end up naked pretty quickly.
12. What is your most prized possession? That would be a pair of dangling jade earrings and a matching pendant my mother gave me when I turned sixteen. She swears the color perfectly matches my eyes. I only wear them on special occasions.
14. What do you think your greatest weakness is? My greatest weakness is my lack of self-confidence when it comes to dating and relationships.
15. What do you think is your strongest attribute? My intelligence. I’m pretty sharp and have always paid attention to details.
16. What are you proudest of? That I can be successful on my own.
17. What is most attractive to you about the opposite sex? A sense of self, with a little spark of humor. Of course, a nice smile works too.
18. What trait or characteristic do you most dislike about the opposite sex? Braggarts. I guess there’s a fine line between self-confident and thinking the world revolves around you.
19. What’s your favorite thing to do on a rainy afternoon? Curl up on the sofa with a good book or Malone. Listen to the rain beat against the windows and enjoy Mother Nature’s display.
20. What’s your favorite animal? Dogs. I like a big dog, like a golden retriever.
21. Have you ever thought about getting a tattoo, what would it be and where? (Laughs) I’m not much into body art. But since I’m Irish, maybe a little four leaf clover would be appropriate. I’d probably get it on my butt. (More laughter) You can take it from there.
Take a look at the blurbs from Jamie's three books.. She's sure keeping the police on their toes!
Jamie Richmond, reporter turned author, is doing research for her next book. Attempting to capture the realism of a police officer’s duties while on patrol, she manages to tag along for a shift with a state police trooper. A few traffic stops and a high speed chase later, Jamie’s ride takes an unexpected turn when she witnesses the trooper being shot.
Although it is not a fatal injury, Jamie becomes obsessed with unraveling the facts behind this violent act. While she is trying to sort out this puzzle, she becomes romantically involved with Malone, another trooper with a few mysteries of his own. Now Jamie’s attention is divided between a blooming romance and solving the crime which is haunting her.
Jamie begins to question the events that took place and exactly who could be behind the shooting. It was a devious mind. But who?
When Jamie’s best friend vanishes, she’ll do anything to find her and bring her home.
A new year marks new beginnings for Jamie Richmond. Not only has she moved into a cozy new house, but she’s brought Malone along with her to fan the flames of their growing romance. When Jamie’s best friend, Linda Davis, enters the picture, she thinks everything is right with the world.
Linda begins a May-September romance with Vincent Schulte, Jamie’s doctor and good friend. But while Vince is sweeping Linda off her feet, she unknowingly has captured the attention of a stalker. The idyllic life suddenly takes a very bad turn when Linda disappears without a trace on a cold and snowy day. The police are scrambling to find a clue that will lead them to Linda.
Malone does his best to comfort Jamie and encourages her to let the professionals do their job. But if there’s one thing he’s learned in their time together, it’s that nothing will stop this stubborn redhead from solving this mystery.
Jamie turns all of her attention on figuring out who took Linda and where she might be, regardless of the dangers she may face. Her efforts once again put her in harm’s way. But will she find her best friend?
A discovery of priceless artwork leads Jamie on a collision course with danger.
Jamie Richmond used to live a nice, quiet life. But last fall she witnessed the shooting of a police officer and figured out who did it. Then this winter saw her best friend targeted by a stalker and kidnapped. Yep, Jamie solved that one and came to the rescue. Now it’s summertime and the living is supposed to be easy. All she wants to do is write her novels and spend free time with Malone, the guy who has been by her side since all this craziness began. But that’s not likely to happen.
Jamie’s father was a very successful sculptor who tragically died more than twenty years ago when she was just a child. What she remembers about him is little more than bits and pieces. A storeroom filled with crates of his work is discovered in an old converted factory. This potential fortune in artwork has been waiting all these years.
Jamie recruits Malone and a few close friends to help her unpack the crates and bring her father’s gifts out to the light of day. News of this discovery leads to a robbery. Now Jamie is determined to figure out who is behind the crime.
8/3/2017 06:41:10 am
Hello! this is very nice article about it! its very interested, but before please check <a href="http://google.com/">google</a> very awesome blog!
8/15/2017 07:20:37 am
A woman called me to tell me that for about two years she had been dating my boyfriend. Needless to say I was heartbroken. I knew he had moments of ignoring me, He left 6 weeks ago after I followed him and finally caught him waiting for the lady at a hotel. After the confrontation, …this made me sick and my problem became very difficult and but after the love spell from Dr.mack, my relationship was restored instantly, I was happy that the outcome was fantastic, only 3 days after [dr_mack@yahoo. com] started it all. Never in my life have I thought this would work so fast. My man reconcile with me and he started acting completely different, I feel happy once again, and like never before. It felt so good to have my boyfriend back again, Thanks to DR MACK………………………………………
12/14/2017 02:02:07 pm
HOW DR JAMES SPELL CASTING RESTORED MY RELATIONSHIP,
Comments are closed.