Heroes in the Hot Seat!
A couple of the heroes from our latest books have agreed to be interviewed for our readers. We put them in the hot seat, under sweltering lights and made them share all their deep dark secrets. See for yourself and then grab the books in which these heroes come to life!
Thank you Sam for visiting with us today. We promise to keep you too long.
1. What was your first impression of your writer? She is VERY focused and a total romantic. She’s also very sensitive and would often cry during certain scenes.
2. How did you and the hero/heroine meet? I met Casey traveling to a mutual gig. I was the sub-drummer and got to sit by her on the airplane. We immediately hit it off!
3. What is your greatest strength? Greatest weakness? How have they shaped your life? Greatest strength – loyalty, like my golden, Bleu. I won’t let you down. Greatest weakness? I would have to say brown eyes.
4. What first drew you to your hero/heroine? She was just cool and easy to talk to. She totally gave me the low-down on my first gig with the band. And when I heard her sing? WOAH! The girl can SAYNG!!!
5. If you could be in any profession, what would you do and why? I’ve always wanted to run my own recording studio and produce music. I have my own studio at my farm – it’s called “Red Barn Studios.” It’s a work in progress.
6. So, in your story, what was the most memorable moment for you? Wow. There are so many. I loved being in New York City for the first time with Casey. It was exciting and romantic… Another memorable moment was when her little niece, GG, told me she loved me. I hated the moment when I had to tell Casey about her sister – even though it’s memorable, I don’t ever want to have to go through something like that again.
7. What do you do for fun? I like to play music, of course. I love my family. My nephew, Dylan and I built a fort in the old oak tree last summer – that was fun. I also like refurbishing the farm I live on. It’s been in our family since my great-grandfather built it and now it’s mine. Lot of work, but a lot of fun bringing it back to its original beauty.
8. Would you like for your writer to create a sequel for you? Why or why not? A sequel would be cool. I think folks would love to see how Casey, GG and I move on from the tragedy we went through together. I don’t know though… our story ended with an amazing HEA.
9. What do you do for a living? I’m a working musician. I play the drums in several bands, I teach at a local high school, and I dabble in recording.
10. What is your greatest fear? Geez! Losing the love of my life.
11. What do you wear when you go to sleep? Comando, darlin’!
12. What is your most prized possession? Possession? It would have to be the farm. I’m very sentimental and want to keep it in the family for years to come.
14. What do you think your greatest weakness is? I had to learn to trust my heart again. I was engaged once and she left me – got cold feet. Left me with a new mortgage and her puppy. Took me five years and two degrees, but when Casey came into my life I had to take a chance.
15. What do you think is your strongest attribute? Like I said before, I’m very loyal. I won’t let you down.
16. What are you proudest of? My new family.
17. What is most attractive to you about the opposite sex? Sashaying hips and ass… Oops! Can I say that?
18. What trait or characteristic do you most dislike about the opposite sex? Selfishness. Can’t stand it.
19. What’s your favorite thing to do on a rainy afternoon? Lying in bed with the one that I love and listening to the raindrops hittin’ the gutters. Nothing better.
20. What’s your favorite animal? My golden retriever, Bleu!
21. Have you ever thought about getting a tattoo, what would it be and where? I’m a huge John Lennon fan. I’ve thought about getting the word, “Imagine” tattooed in small letters on my wrist as an homage to him. Don’t know if I could go through with it though… I hate needles!
Thank you again for stopping by! Where can our readers find you?
They can find me in Lovesong on all major retailers.
Lovesong by KG Fletcher
Her heart searched for a melody. Will the love song she finally hears be loud enough to drown out the screaming memories of her past?
Back-up singer Casey lived the old anthem, “work hard, play harder.” When she meets handsome sub-drummer, Sam Wildner on a gig, their attraction is immediate. The two musicians forge ahead in a dizzy rhythm of passion and music, both impressed by each other’s harmonious abilities. When Sam learns of Casey’s family trauma involving her sister’s abusive ex-boyfriend, he commits to being there for her and her young niece who is caught in the middle.
The melody of their love song rings loudly in Casey’s ears as she and Sam navigate the precarious fast lane of jealousy, murder and rock ‘n roll.
Thanks for stopping to talk to us, Shane. I'm glad we caught you while you were walking the dog.
1. What was your first impression of your writer?
Meeting my writer was like meeting my long lost sister. We are both from the Midwest. Sarcastic, down to earth, and loud. That’s the way we roll over here.
2. How did you and the hero/heroine meet
I met Josie at a dog part, which is ironic because Josie doesn’t like dogs. And I don’t enjoy walking my dog in the middle of winter. But, there she was, standing in front of a camera doing a news segment on dogs frolicking in the snow. y dog pulled away from and knocked Josie into the snow. I went over and helped her up, of course. And the rest was history. My dog is the greatest matchmaker on the planet!
3. What is your greatest strength? Greatest weakness? How have they shaped your life?
My greatest strength is my ability to be open. I have never been a man of few words—a total extrovert. I’m a tattoo artist that likes to connect with others, and hopefully, share a few laughs.
My greatest weakness is my tendency to sweep every unwanted emotion under the rug. My father wasn’t around much growing up, and it was painful for me. Every boy needs his father. I didn’t have mine. But I learned to be a man anyway. And unfortunately, part of how I taught myself to be a man, was to push all my bad feelings aside. I don’t deal well with the darker stuff in life. I like to keep things light. It gets me in trouble, especially with my girl. Sometimes Josie wants to get deep, and I make a joke to lighten things up. I don’t know why, but that joke never goes over very well.
4. What first drew you to your hero/heroine?
My girl is drop dead gorgeous. She is a blond hair, blue-eyed, southern bell with an attitude. I’m a man with eyes and a deep appreciation for the opposite sex. So I guess the better question is what didn’t draw me? Now just in case I start sounding like a total pig, I would also like to add that Josie had this reserved aura about her. I could tell she was hiding secrets, and I was dying to know them all.
5. If you could be in any profession, what would you do and why?
I would definitely be a professional wrestler. I think I’ve got the attitude, the charm, and the tattoos. All I need are the tights and the Macho Man glasses.
6. So, in your story, what was the most memorable moment for you?
I spent a lot of time trying to win Josie over. I took her on a lot of dates and sent her a lot of flowers. But my favorite moment was when I took her to the Weather Museum. My girl is a total weather fanatic. It was amazing watching her passion take over during our time there. Her eyes got all bright, her face got all flushed, and she was talking a mile a minute about tornadoes, and cumulus clouds. And that’s when I realized I was falling in love with her.
7. What do you do for fun?
I get tattoos!
8. Would you like for your writer to create a sequel for you? Why or why not?
Nah. My story is all told. I got the girl and my happily ever after. But just in case the readers want a bit more, there is a second book floating out there called, Swept Away. My author wrote it years ago. It was her first published romance book actually. And in this book my brother and best friend fall in love. It takes place years after Josie, and I met. And guess what? Josie and I end up getting hitched. So you’ll have to check it out.
9. What do you do for a living?
I’m a tattoo artist. I own my own tattoo shop in downtown Chicago.
10. What is your greatest fear?
I have to admit I have a technology phobia. I hate communicating digitally. I am convinced it is turning us all into zombies.
11. What do you wear when you go to sleep?
Nothing. Clothes are too restricting for sleep.
12. What is your most prized possession?
I’m not the possessions keeping kind of guy. I live life fully and appreciate the moment. If I want to remember something, I tattoo it on my skin. Otherwise, I am happy to move forward in life. I feel like possessions would weigh me down.
13. What are you proudest of?
Hands down my tattoo shop. I worked really hard to open my own business.
14. What is most attractive to you about the opposite sex?
Everything! If you have a couple of days, I could maybe list them all.
15. What trait or characteristic do you most dislike about the opposite sex?
Nothing. Women are superior to men in every way (wink, wink).
16. What’s your favorite thing to do on a rainy afternoon?
Take a nap with my dog.
17. What’s your favorite animal?
My dog, Luigi. He is a Siberian Husky and the greatest animal on the planet.
18. Have you ever thought about getting a tattoo, what would it be and where?
Oh yeah! I think about getting tattoos all the time. But I believe I’m running out of space on my skin.
Wow. Shane, remind me not to drop by after hours... I might get a show! If you want to read more about Shane's adventures, check out Undeniable Love by Susan V. Vaughn.
Shane Reed won't be swayed by love. He's a city boy with a passion for tattoos and melting women's hearts. Until he finds his bachelor status threatened by a beautiful news reporter he just can’t seem to forget.
Josie Brooks won't let anything get in her way. She's in Chicago to make her weather correspondent dreams come true. But when a dashing stranger comes crashing into her life, can she really ignore her heart’s desire to save her career?
When two paths entangle…resolves can be broken, hearts can be stolen, and a love can become undeniable.
Available for pre-order (ebook and in print)
Coming soon to B&N!